Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2012

I visited my old kindergarten! Back to my childhood...
Usually nobody visits the kindergarten, but mine was a special one. Because of my HOH-handicap I visited a special kindergarten for deaf and HOH-children and got a special education.
Thanks to aunty Ilse I was able to learn how to speak and to use the power of the language with my hearing aids. I entered kindergarten with 2 years and experienced the "old" and the "new" kindergarten. The old one was in a 100-years old building which became a school then. The new one was some hundred meters far and the building was erected in the 70ies.
Today I also visited the new kindergarten and my aunty Ilse.
It was fun to see all these low furnitures the colorful paintings from children on the wall and aunty in her usual energy. Nothing changed.



The only one who changed was me. And I returned to kindergarten because I wanted to see how children with CI are living. Aunty Ilse gave me the opportunity to meet the sweet and cute children and took an old photo with me when I was 3 years old (about 1979).

The kids looked at the photo, then at me and one girl said:"You are old now!".
Gosh - kids are too honest!
But another girl hugged me at my waist and said:"No, she is not old. She is big."
Geeez! Another honesty, but better than the "old" one ;-)
But the sweet hug from the cute girl was worth to be "insulted" humourously.
It was good to be back in kindergarten again.
This is the last photo - nothing changed to today´s photo (at the top):
The same windows, the same wooden floor... (I am in the gray dress).

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen