Samstag, 30. Juni 2012

As passionated cook I received an amazing cookbook of the traditional and authentic recipes of the Emirates! It was written in 1995 and rather old and worn out, but the recipes are totally traditional which are lost in today´s up-to-date and always-modern UAE. It´s a pity, because traditions are so important.
I tried one recipe and it turned out delicious! My parents ate it in a swift. No leftovers for the lunches in my office....  :-(
This is the cookbook:


 When I read the first words in the book, that it was dedicated to His Highness, Sheikh Rashid bin Said al Maktoum of Dubai, my gaze wandered to the framed invitation letter my father got from His Highness in 1984. It´s a coincidence! This is why I will keep this cookbook as a true treasure. The invitation letter on special paper with embossed letters were for the inaugural of the power plant of Jebel Ali which were still under construction when I stayed in Jumeirah. It´s a warming memory for me, thinking back of Jumeirah.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen