Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2012

This is the CI which will be implanted on the bones of my skull. For first time in my life, I had the opportunity to touch the CI and get a real idea of becoming "Bionic" as the English speaking world calls the people with an implantat.
The picture of the ear belongs to a brochure of MED-EL and it shows how the really thin and flexible cable (not really visible on the photo) will be put into the inner ear.

Today I met two wonderful and amazing ladies at afternoon who already have a CI. Malvina and Brigitte were helping me so much with their personal experience of being Bionic, especially Brigitte with her past stories of Morbus Meniére. I also suffer from Morbus Meniére and there is always a kind of scary thoughts, for example if I have to stand at the cashier at a supermarket for a long time, I feel something strange crawling up my spine  - it´s always a warning of a forthcoming dizzyness attack in where I will fell down without any help.
It´s scary.

Brigitte had surgery and since it her Morbus Meniére didn´t come back. What a relief!
Thus I am curious what will happens with my Morbus Meniére when having a CI? A very important question and I intend to ask Prof. Gstoettner about it at 10th July.
At this day, everything will be decided for the future. A long way is ahead...
But with my friends at my side, I am confident.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen