Mittwoch, 30. Mai 2012


Continuing from yesterday, this is a book which is out of print currently, but I found it at Amazon.com
It´s amazing with all of these black/white-photos of the 1950s taken in all Shaikhdoms of the Emirates. It´s touching to see the little boy who once became the Shaikh of Dubai under whom my Papa worked.

I have to admit that I have a crush for old photos because they are like a window to the past.
To know the past is the knowledge for the future - this was taught in my history class at Junior High School.
My grandmother who survived World War 1 and World War 2 always told me:
My little one, remember the past from my stories - so people will always remember the hard time. We had nothing, but we had a warm heart.

And the wise Shaikh Mushrifuddin Sa´di of Shiraz said in the Gulistan:
There are no coins in the hands of the generous, and the wealthy have no generosity.

How true, how true.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen