Donnerstag, 11. Oktober 2012

Day 49 with CI - Day 23 with Speech Processor

Well, after seven weeks after surgery and 3 weeks with the speech processor, I am still impatient!
But I am writing a diary with all the up and downs of my days and all new achievments I experience, so I will never forget the first months of hardship! This will give me a secure timeline for my second surgery.
If I am satisfied with the first CI, I want to have my second CI in July 2013 (it gives me a good time for reconvalescene during the summer break at work).
Because after finding out that Morbus Meniére is also in my left ear, I want to finish this uncomfortable disease! This means to release the inner ear from the fluid which is filling the cochlea - the result would be deafness.
Well, to finish this disease would ease my life more than living with the thought if I would survive the next day without any dizzy attack and to have the fear that this might happen on an open street!
16 years with it is enough!
So I am planning my second CI next year! Gosh, going through all this hardship again! But now I am not alone any more!
I met a lot of wonderful people who really gives me the courage to overcome these days with lots of unanswered questions.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen