Mittwoch, 11. Juli 2012

The Countdown is running....

In 6 weeks, I will have surgery in the General Hospital of Vienna. Scary...
This means, I still have 6 weeks in my old life. On the paper for entry for surgery I have to enter hospital one day before surgery - gosh, the pains will start with the infusion needle (is the Spanish Inquisition really over?).
Then my old life will be over. It would be nice if it would be over like a nice shower of flowers like in drama movies, but mine would be very realistic: under narcotics! How pathetic!

How should I spend these 6 weeks? Like as usual? Get up in the morning, wash my faces, have breakfast, rush to work, have lunch, rush to home, watch some nice movies and go to bed again?
Or should I do something crazy? Like bungee-jumping? Kiss a stranger? Join a rock band? Go to the Sahara desert with a camel treck? And get troubles with some bandits?

No, I will spend the usual 6 weeks without any excitements. My friends are enough for me. They are standing up with me and I am afraid that they will rush my hospital room for visiting. For most friends, I am the first who will undergo surgery for CI. Hope, they won´t stuck their noses into my ear to see how it looks after surgery.
Perhaps I should have exciting days with making a schedule for everybody and then I will tape it on my hospital door like a school dorm bed plan.

But before it, there will be one incredible excitement: Lucy´s trying not to burn the potatoes in their foil over the grill. Last year, the potatoes became hollow and totally burned. It looked like as if they experienced the A-bomb of Hiroshima in 1945.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen