Mittwoch, 19. September 2012

First Speech Processor Opus2-XS

A big day. First day with the speech processor Opus2-SX from MED-EL!
And day 27 with CI.

The first turning on of the Opus2 was not very comfortable because I am still suffering from dizziness. Then I had the feeling of a sharp bang trough my nerves in the right arm and leg.
Then when the technician turned it step for step, I was really curious if this was ok, because I didn´t hear anything. It was like a feeling of the sound of sharp glass - this high-pitching glassy sound which causes goosebumps normally.
But there was no peeping sound luckily.

Together with the hearing aid on the left ear, I could recognize something high-pitching like loud screams or even a lighter or ripping toilet paper.
For first time in my life since birth I recognize this high-pitching sound.
And it´s unusual not to hear through the eardrum as with hearing aids. It´s something inside.

But the next step will be in one week and I am curious how it will develop.

Together with the bionic ear came a suitcase with everything necessary:
 
Let´s open it:

And here are the details:
On the left are two different kinds of drying boxes for the Opus2. This was not given when I had hearing aids. With the CI, it`s given.


 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen